Stefanie Lugger, speaker at the ACADEMY OF EUROPEAN LAW
Stefanie Lugger, LUGGER I BANKLER speaker at the
ACADEMY OF EUROPEAN LAW (ERA)
SUMMER COURSE ON EUROPEAN ENVIRONMENTAL LAW
Trier, 2-6 July 2012
Registrations reaching ERA before 2 June 2012 will be eligible for a 10% discount (further discounts on our website). For further information please click on www.era.int
This five-day summer course will provide a thorough introduction to EU environmental law.
• Major principles and sources of European environmental law and the relationship between European and national environmental law
• Selected areas of environmental law: nature and biodiversity, waste management, climate change and environmental impact assessment
• Enforcement of environmental law: procedural rights in environmental matters and environmental liability
Who should attend? Lawyers in private practice, regulatory authorities and public administration seeking an introduction to European environmental law.
Visit to the European Court of Justice Participants in the summer courses will also have the opportunity to visit the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
Social programme After a day's intensive training, enjoy our varied social programme: the course dinner with fellow participants, wine-tasting in the Mosel vineyards, a tour of the historic city of Trier.
Organiser: Monika Krivickaite, ERA
Event number: 412B08
- Ms Agathe Ernoult, Energy and Climate Policy Officer, European Environmental Bureau (EEB), Brussels
- Mr Jean-Pierre Hannequart, General Director of the Brussels Institute for Environmental Management (IBGE/BIM)
- Dr Jerzy Jendrośka, Partner of Jendrośka Jerzmanski Bar & Partners, Environmental Law Center, Wrocław, Adjunct Professor, Opole University
- Prof Ludwig Krämer, Derecho y Medio Ambiente, Madrid
- Ms Monika Krivickaite, Course Director, European Public Law, ERA
- Ms Stefanie Lugger, Lawyer, Vienna
- Prof Richard Macrory, Barrister and Professor of Environmental Law at University College London
- Dr Ole W. Pedersen, Senior Lecturer in Law and Director of Postgraduate Taught Programmes, University of Newcastle
- Prof Alexander Proelss, Professor of Public Law and Director of the Institute for Environmental and Technology Law of the University of Trier
- Dr Christoph Sobotta, Chambers of Advocate General Juliane Kokott, Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg
- Dr Moritz von Unger, Senior Legal Counsel, Climate Focus, Amsterdam